The Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner in action
Quick overview of the Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner. Notice the convenient gesture control and very small scanning tip of the handpiece.
Putting your patients first
Designed to address the needs of dental professionals looking for an intuitive technology for capturing digital impressions while keeping the focus on the patient rather than the technology.
Seamless connectivity between dental clinics and laboratories is enabled through an intuitive communication platform called DWOS Connect. Open export of STL files allows dentists immediate access to the scan data for chairside production or to collaborate with their laboratory partners while the patient is still in the chair.
Users of the DWOS dental CAD/CAM software as well as other open dental CAD software will be able to import scan data directly.
Benefits of the Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner
- The portability of this small, lightweight format is ideal for customers with space limitations in their dental clinic, or who wish or need to move their intraoral scanner frequently.
- The remarkably small handpiece ensures patient comfort and allows dentists to assume a natural position relative to their patient when scanning.
- Gesture recognition technology for infection control allows for a touch-free operation of the system.
- Review tools provide essential real-time evaluation of the clinical situation, such as occlusal distance and undercuts, ensuring that the ensuing CAD design generates the best possible restoration.
- Captured data is wirelessly transmitted to in-office or remote systems for immediate prosthesis design and production.
- Clinicians can choose either the freedom of open STL data or DWOS Connect for optimal collaboration with laboratory partners.
- The intuitive and streamlined plan editor allows the quick creation of a full prescription to be sent, along with the scan data, to the lab partner through DWOS Connect.
- Visual and audible feedback keeps the dentist’s focus on the patient rather than on the technology.
- Flexible and customizable, the linear workflow provides the dependability of a process to accommodate respective needs.
The remarkably small handpiece
The handpiece leverages unique Multiscan Imaging™ technology to provide the same class leading ergonomics, patient comfort, and clinical access with an exceptionally small and robust handpiece. Five miniaturized 3D scanners in the handpiece tip directly view the teeth and soft tissue from multiple orientations simultaneously, capturing even the most difficult to see areas of preparations with minimal effort.
Powder-free capability further increases the convenience and comfort of using the Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner for tooth-borne and implant-borne restorative indications.
All Dental Wings Intraoral Scanners can benefit from the powder-free Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner handpiece (plug compatible) through a convenient handpiece and software upgrade package available for purchase.
Special upgrade offers will be available for existing customers and those customers who purchased a Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner prior to July 2017. Contact a Dental Wings reseller for more information on how to purchase the powder-free upgrade.
Chairside solutions for dentists
The Dental Wings Intraoral Scanner is the logical complement to the Dental Wings range of chairside solutions, including the iSeries impression scanner, coDiagnostiX implant planning software, D20 3D Printer, and VITA Easyshade® V digital tooth shade measurement device.